Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi Shinitamou koto Nakare
Sakura Taisen 3 ~Pari wa Moeteiru ka~
Sakura Taisen 4 ~Koi Seyo, Otome~ ~Koi Seyo, Otome~
|Age||17 (Sakura Taisen) |
19 (Sakura Taisen 2)
20 (Sakura Taisen 3)
21 (Sakura Taisen 4)
|Birthdate||March 3rd, 1906|
|Height||154 cm (5'1")|
|Sakura Taisen 4 ~Koi Seyo, Otome~ ~Koi Seyo, Otome~|
|Sakura Wars: The Gorgeous Blooming Cherry BlossomsAct 1: Hanaikusa the City of Flowers|
|Sakura Taisen: Sumire|
|Japanese Voice||Yuriko Fuchizaki|
|English Voice||Boni Hester (ADV Films) |
Samantha Inoue-Harte (Sakura Wars TV series)
Dorothy Elias-Fahn (credited as Annie Pastrano for Sakura Wars: The Movie)(Bandai/Geneon, FUNimation)
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 In The Games
- 5 In films and television
- 6 Other appearances
- 7 Etymology
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
Kohran Li is a young woman with a slim figure and braided, purple hair that reaches the middle of her back. She usually wears glasses and a Chinese dress.
Cheerful, and good-humored, Kohran is mechanically inclined and loves to work with the Koubu. The only, and rare, time that Kohran becomes truly enraged and fully serious was in Sakura Wars 2(Also in Sakura Wars TV Series, but this is set on alternate timelines). Kohran suffers (or has suffered in the past) from Pyrophobia due to a past trauma of hers.
A proof of that was during the fire in one of the chapters, she awakened her memories of when her village was attacked by raid bandits, and at the same time that she felt powerless for not preventing Ikki Yoneda from being shot (although he survived) and she becomes erratic, kinda irrational and enters on a spiral of despair and rage.
She works as the stage manager of the Hanagumi. A running joke in the series is that Kohran's inventions are rather accident-prone, often backfiring or blowing up in her face. She sometimes uses Her boyfreind to test her inventions, with predictably hilarious results. Despite her cheerful attitude, she also has a serious side regarding her past; a bandit raid killed her parents and was said to be the only survivor during the village fire. She idolizes the creator of the Koubu, a person named Shinnosuke Yamazaki.
In The Games
In her ending, she and her older boyfreind make children behind the park fly around Teito on a biplane she made. Unfortunately, the engine blows up and the two had to eject from the plane and float down in parachutes.
In films and television
- - Kohran is voiced, and portrayed in live shows, by Yuriko Fuchizaki, who also voiced Kaori in Akira.
- - Kohran shares some peculiar similarities with another Sega universe character, Miles Tails Prower, from Sonic The Hedgehog series:
- - Both of them are scientists and robotic geniuses. They also tends to fail in some inventions by making them explode(But Tails has a lot less tendences to fail, while Kohran major and non-serious situations always makes her inventions to explode in her face). Both have small planes and love to fly on them. In some moments, the planes of both of them also malfunction, generating comical scenes.
- - Her music themes are "Tokyo-Style Holiday" and "Metro de Ikou"